Sam Tam (1940-) was born in Mainland China and began his study of martial arts from childhood developing a strong foundation built upon upright character, self discipline, hard work and a passion for martial arts. His martial training began in the 1940s under the tutelage of very high level military martial art instructors that served with and knew his father (a physician) in Chiang Kai Shek’s Nationalist Army.
Sifu Tam is a living encyclopedia of martial arts knowledge both in theory and application. As a result of his skills and aptitude for the martial arts Sifu Tam has had the unique opportunity to learn from many of China’s highest level martial arts masters.
His closest and most influential teachers include:
- Eagle Claw (Lau Fat Mang),
- Yiquan (Han Xingyuan, Yu Pengxi),
- Taijiquan ( Zhang Xiang Wu, Qi Jiangtao),
- Xingyiquan ( Han Xingyuan, Zhang Xiang Wu),
- Baguazhang ( Han Xingyuan, Zhang Xiang Wu),
- Shuaijiao ( Chang Dongshen), and many others